I was happy to have attended Amazon’s premier annual seller conference, Amazon Accelerate, on September 14-15, 2022, in Seattle. It was great to meet and understand the vision of many of the Amazon Executives in person, including Doug Herrington, CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores; Dharmesh Mehta, Vice President, Worldwide Selling Partner Services; and Mary Beth Westmoreland, Vice President, Brand Protection and Selling Partner Support. Understanding the resources being applied to the Amazon Seller Community, including new services, tools, and programs launched in a pilot or soon-to-be-released status, was refreshing. Some great new features and tools to help Brands stand out and tell their story. I love the A+ Premium Content capabilities now available to qualifying Brands, which is a huge opportunity to sell to commercial customers with Amazon Business.
Commercial Products on Amazon
With over 5 million registered customers, Amazon Business is a massive opportunity for Brands to consider commercial and consumer products. I meet regularly with many Brands that feel that Amazon is great for consumer products but not the right target market for their commercial products. TIMES HAVE CHANGED!
- 66% of B2B decision makers now believe digital interactions are more important to customers than traditional sales interactions, which is up 48% before the pandemic.
- Amazon Business simplifies buying for organizations of ANY SIZE!
- 80 of the Fortune 100
- 92 of the largest hospitals
- 90 of the most populous local government
- 75K+ Tax Exempt Charitable Organizations
- 28K Faith-Based Organizations
- Millions of SOHO, Small, Medium, and Large Companies
With a huge relevant selection, innovative tools, and features like Business Prime, more and more business customers are learning and buying their commercial purchases through Amazon.
New Premium A+ Content
Puneet Singh, Senior Manager, Product Management, Brand Experience illustrated the benefits for Brands to leverage Amazon’s new Premium A+ Content feature to help better tell their Brand Story and add more interactive features to bring their products to life with more compelling copy and visuals. With Premium A+ Content, Brands get to add text, images, hotspots, video, comparison charts, a carousel, and Q&A. Your images can be at a high resolution of 1462 x 600 and you have seven modules maximum per detail page up from a five-module maximum with Standard A+ Content. Having compelling and interactive content helps customers understand why they should choose your product. According to Amazon’s studies adding Standard A+ content to your product pages increases sales by 8.5%, but adding Premium A+ Content can show sales growth of close to 21%! Although access to Premium A+ Content is a FREE feature, there are several requirements that you will need to meet before you can leverage this feature.
|Basic A+ Content||Premium A+ Content|
|Text and Images||Text, Images, Hotspots, Video, Comparison, Carousel, and Q&A|
|970 x 300||1426 x 600|
|Five modules maximum per detail page||Seven modules maximum per detail page|
|14 module selection||19 module selection|
During Accelerate, Amazon revealed a couple of new features and programs:
- Amazon Launches Veeqo, Free Shipping Software for Sellers, Including Discounted Shipping Rates. View Press Release HERE
- Amazon Unveils Additional Analytics and Data to Empower Seller Success. View Press Release HERE
- Amazon Introduces Marketing Solutions to Help Sellers Using Buy with Prime Attract Amazon Shoppers and Grow Sales. View Press Release HERE
- Amazon Launches Free Email Marketing Capabilities for Sellers to Reach Their Repeat, Recent, and High-Spend Amazon Customers. View Press Release HERE
Recap Day 1:
Recap Day 2:
Can’t wait for next year’s event. If you need help developing your Amazon Business strategy, we can help.
Phelps UNITED is here to provide expert guidance on your Amazon selling strategy and brand advertising tips, visit our website to learn more