Amazon dayparting is a feature that allows sellers to schedule the availability of their products on Amazon.com. This can be useful for sellers who want to manage the visibility of their products, or who want to take advantage of different shopping patterns throughout the day.
Here are a few things that Amazon sellers should know about Amazon dayparting:
How dayparting works:
With dayparting, sellers can choose specific times during the day when their products will be available for purchase on Amazon.com. For example, a seller could choose to make their products available from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
There are several benefits to using dayparting. First, it can help sellers manage the visibility of their products. For example, a seller may want to make their products available during peak shopping hours, but not during times when fewer people are likely to be browsing. This can help sellers get more visibility for their products. Second, dayparting can help sellers take advantage of different shopping patterns throughout the day. For example, a seller may find that their products sell better at certain times of day, and dayparting can help them capitalize on this.
One of the other strategic features that come with dayparting is the ability to let competition exhaust their ad spend. For example, by using dayparting to focus on targeted ads during evening hours, you’re allowing others to spend their budget during the whole day while biding against the keywords you are targeting. As a result, if it is not an incredibly aggressive search term, you’ll probably find lower average bid spends towards the evening. Thus, allowing you to maximize your spending when every dollar is impactful.
There are also some limitations to dayparting.
- It only applies to products listed on Amazon.com, not to other Amazon marketplaces.
- Sellers can only schedule the availability of their products in 15-minute increments, so it can be limited in terms of granularity.
- Amazon dayparting is only available to sellers in certain categories, so not all sellers can use it.
How to set it up:
To use dayparting, sellers must use the Amazon Seller Central platform. From the main dashboard, sellers can select the “Inventory” tab and then click on “Manage Inventory” tab. Then, sellers can choose the products they want to schedule and click on the “Day-parting” tab. After that, sellers can choose the specific times when they want their products to be available for purchase.
Best practices for using Amazon dayparting:
- Analyze your sales data: Before setting up dayparting, it’s essential to analyze your sales data to determine the best times to make your products available. This can help you maximize your sales and take advantage of different shopping patterns throughout the day.
- Test different availability schedules: Once you have a good idea of the best times to make your products available, consider testing different availability schedules to see which one works best for your business. You can use the Amazon Seller Central platform to track your sales data and see how different availability schedules impact your sales.
- Use dayparting in combination with other tools: Dayparting can be a powerful tool on its own, but it can be even more effective when used in combination with other tools and strategies. For example, consider using Amazon Sponsored Products or Amazon Advertising to boost the visibility of your products at key times of the day.
- Be consistent: It’s important to be consistent when using dayparting. Try to stick to the same availability schedule as much as possible, as this can help you build trust with your customers and make it easier for them to find your products when they need them.
- Monitor your sales data: Finally, monitor your sales data closely to see how dayparting impacts your business. This can help you make any necessary adjustments to your availability schedule and ensure that you maximize your Amazon sales.
Overall, dayparting can be a useful and valuable tool for sellers who want to manage the visibility of their products on Amazon.com, or who want to take advantage of different shopping patterns throughout the day. By understanding how it works and how to set it up, sellers can make the most of this feature to drive more sales and grow their business on Amazon.